If you know a new parent here are a few gift ideas to help soften the blow.
10 Great Gifts for New and Soon-to-be Parents
- Baby Safe Handling Tips. My favorite part is the "wheel of responsibility" on the front, but the contents are funny!
- Go the F**k to Sleep. Made famous by the Samuel L. Jackson reading, this book has been described as 'pitch perfect' for weary parents. Warning: language may offend.
- If You Give Mommy a Glass of Wine. This is another fun children book parody, sure to make wine-loving moms smile.
- My Quotable Kid. Kids say the funniest, most unexpected things. This journal book gives parents a reason to write it down before they forget it!
- Mr Food Face Plate. Every parent knows how hard it can be to get your child to eat. Mr Food Face can be a special occasion plate or a frequent go-to to make meal time a fun time.
- Graphite and Snap-off Floor Nails. A great gag gift that is actually useful. Every parent knows the horror of finally getting baby to sleep only to have a squeaky floor or door wake them up! These useful tools will solve your sleep problems.
- A Woombie or a Sleep Sack. These are safe ways to keep your baby warm and secure - keys to a restful night. New parents will thank you!
- Dads - give Mom a spa day, a massage, or other relaxing gift like a movie with friends where she can spend a few moments on her own.
- Moms- give Dad some relaxing time away - let him go on a hike, spend time gaming, a movie with friends, or going to watch the big game.
- Of course, the best gift of all might be for friends and family to offer to baby sit for a day! As a parent PLEASE consider this option. :)